Community Shared Agriculture is a partnership between farmer and people who value fresh, local produce. CSA members register, in the spring; then during the growing season, they receive a weekly collection of fresh farm vegetables. Your registration and payment helps farmers plan for the crops and costs such as seeds and gardening tools. CSA members share with the farmer, the risks and the bounty of the farming season. Our goal is to provide you with a variety of healthy farm-fresh vegetables. Cochrane Family Farm is a family based farm that does not believe in or use any herbicides, pesticides, or chemical fertilizers.
Come and join us for the upcoming season!
Vegetables grown on our farm include: lettuces, spinach, salad mixes, carrots, beets, radishes, potatoes, onions, garlic, tomatoes, peppers, brussel sprouts, herbs, beans, peas, broccoli, zucchini, pumpkins, cucumbers, swiss chard and many others. We also will be bringing in a few products from other small natural method farmers as needed.
Why choose CSA?
There are numerous benefits to eating local, naturally grown vegetables.
- Vegetables really are super foods! They're low in calories, packed full of vitamins that keep you healthy and fibre that keeps you feeling full.
- Buying local means that your money stays local. The farmers receive their payments and in turn reinvest the money in their community, keeping your local economy strong.
- You're supporting the development of your community.
- You can sleep soundly, knowing that the people who produced your food are hard working, local farmers, in a healthy and safe environment.
- It's great for the environment. Since everything is grown locally, far fewer petroleum products are needed to transport the food, and as we mentioned no chemicals.
- There's nothing better than crisp, fresh vegetables and since CSA vegetables don't spend any time traveling, or waiting on store shelves, you know what your getting is farm-fresh and delicious!
To sign up for our CSA and for more information call 902-671-2378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info Email us at email@example.com